So, you’re feeling gender-critical and wondering what to do?
Perhaps you have been “peaked” by one of the stories in the papers about men being called women after committing a sex offence – or maybe it is all about men who identify as women competing in women’s sport? Or perhaps you have been shocked by seeing death threats against women for saying sex is real and matters?
Whatever brought you here, we have things to help you fight this new ideology. We are not “activists” – generally, we don’t go on marches or physical protests. What we DO, is everyday activism. Click the links below for more help.
There are lots of us. You can follow us on Twitter or join us by subscribing to this site, see the ‘Join the Movement’ form.
- “Transwomen are Women”
- What is “Gender Critical” and what is a “TERF”?
- What is Trans?
- Common abbreviations
- A quick history of trans matters in the UK
- A quick guide to the Equality Act & Gender Recognition Act
- Self ID in the UK
- The Alphabet Soup
- A note on the terms used in this site
Getting into arguments on social media?
- Why does it matter, anyway?
- Common transactivist arguments, and how to counter them
- Defining Women & Sex
- When they say “Transwomen are Women”
- What is a woman, anyway?
- What, are you saying infertile/ post menopausal/ intersex women aren’t women, then?
- But being a woman is about more than genitals/ reproductive system!
- Sex is a Spectrum!
- But Intersex People prove there is a spectrum…
- Clownfish prove there is a spectrum too…
- A woman is anyone who identifies as a woman
- Transwomen “feel like women”
- If you don’t see trans women as women you don’t see Black women as women
- Segregated spaces arguments
- Wanting segregated spaces is just like segregating Black people under Jim Crow laws
- People said all this about gay people too
- I have a friend who is trans, she is lovely – are you saying she has to use the men’s?
- No man is going to change sex just to access women’s spaces, that’s mad
- What, are you saying that all transwomen are sex offenders?
- Trans people have been using women’s bathrooms for years and it has done no harm
- What, are you going to check genitals in the bathroom?
- Transwomen need to use bathrooms to be safe
- Women get raped in prison anyway/ are violent/ are sex offenders too
- Why should trans people get women’s rights?
- Transwomen are uniquely vulnerable to murder & rape!
- Transwomen should be allowed to be on all women shortlists/ get women’s prizes/ get scholarships
- Transwomen should be allowed to compete in women’s sport – Michael Phelps was an outlier too
- A few more Thought Terminating Clichés & Ad hominems:
- Useful links to evidence
- Handy cards to make your points
- How to protect your Twitter account
Children and transition
Have a friend you want to peak? Try these.
- Why be an armchair activist?
- How to contact your MP
- Contacting ministers
- Other elected representatives to contact
- The House of Lords
- What consultations are on?
- Being a conscious consumer – dealing with businesses that have been “Stonewalled”
- Reporting hate crime
- Reporting to Prevent
- Petitioning Parliament
- Making a Freedom of Information request
Been asked for your pronouns?
- The legal position
- Useful tactics